Re: Downed Database

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_uswest.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 21:12:10 -0600

First problem... error text for ORA-01081 $ oerr ora 01081
01081, 00000, "cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first" // *Cause: Obvious
// *Action:

Second problem... hmmm, something isn't right, otherwise the above error would have displayed. Check $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/mesg and verify all the *.msg/*.msg files are there. You said the env is okay, but anyway... verify $PATH and $LIBPATH, and also that the contents of $LIBPATH look OK.

Hope this helps,
Suzy