Re: store image file in the database ?

From: Marin Dimitrov <marin_at_sirma.bg>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:17:00 +0300

> anyone knows how to store JPEG file in a database ? and in what datatype ?
> BLOB ? CLOB ?
it's either LONG or BLOB but I strongly recommend BLOB (better space management, random access, data is retrieved in chunks)

> can we do the query for the image ?

take a look at "Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - Large Objects (LOBs)" for various access methods (PL/SQL, JDBC , OCI)

> and if the image is already in the database,
> can we convert it into JPEG file ?

I don't quite understand the question but you could always read the stored image, transform it to whatever you want and store it back

hth,

    Marin

"And it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel  is just a freight train coming your way... " Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 03:17:00 CDT