Re: Deploying applications on Win2K Terminal Server

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:42:46 EDT

Gary,
Just to let you know, Developer 6i installs the WebDB webserver automatically during the install and configures it. We did not need to install a separate webserver or do anything more. We did not test performance and I don't know what the limits of WebDB are, but I would think it would handle 20 people without any problems.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting, Ltd.

In a message dated 7/26/00 8:49:11 AM Central Daylight Time, gnorwell_at_hybridturkeys.com writes:

<< On 25 Jul 00, at 13:18, Jared Still wrote:

> Marc,
>
> If you are not using OAS, what are you using for an HTTP server?
>
> Developer Server requires an HTTP server; OAS, WebDB or Apache.

 That is what we do not want - the setup and administration of a  Web server just to deploy the applications. Why? Because I don't  believe in the 3-tier model for internal applications that will not be  exposed to the public Web. I am still a firm believer in the  client/server model, but using a Terminal Server should make  deployments and upgrades much less of a headache (even for the  20 or so client workstations).

 Gary Norwell, Database Developer
 Hybrid Turkeys a Division of Nutreco Canada  650 Riverbend Drive, Suite "C"
 Kitchener Ontario Canada N2K 3S2
 (519) 578-2740 Fax (519) 578-1870 >> Received on Thu Jul 27 2000 - 11:42:46 CDT