RE: Oracle and Record Locking

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:28:59 -0700

I guess we are assuming an interactive, default "Forms"-like user interface to a database in a client/server environment.

Paradox supposedly did this (long time ago). At least it was part of their marketing materials.

I would wonder if the network traffic in the polling model implied would make it look "rinky dink" for enterprise systems. ep

On 27 Jul 2000, at 10:56, MacGregor, Ian A. scribbled with alacrity and cogency:

Date sent:      	Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:56:21 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	"MacGregor, Ian A." <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:        	RE: Oracle and Record Locking