Re: Oracle copyright question

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:39:55 -0400

Do you mean on a public website? I've seen a few that do this, but I don't think it's kosher unless you have permission from Oracle. Just point people to technet.

If you mean from an Intranet site, I don't see an issue with that. When I worked at KPMG, we had several developers working on an Oracle-based project, and I put the html docs up on the LAN so that all the developers could access them. Surprisingly few ever took advantage of that, but that's a different rant<g>. In that situation, since we were licensed for Oracle, it seemed reasonable to provide the licensees with access to the docs.=20

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are