Perl scriting question - system command does not work for inbuilt

From: Nguyen, Long <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 10:47:28 +1000

Hi,

I have written a Perl command to do hotbackup and export of Oracle db's on NT. I tested it on my NT4 SP6 machine and it works fine. But when I put the same script on a production server (also NT4 SP6) it does not work. The problem lies with the Perl SYSTEM command executing a DOS inbuilt command like "echo" and "dir".

Eg the commands

	system("echo Hello friend");
	system("echo"dir");

work fine on my NT machine but not on the production NT server.

But a SYSTEM command executing a non-inbuilt DOS command (like ipconfig) works fine on both servers.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Long

NB. I am using PERL 5 built 107 that comes with NT Resource Kit Supplement Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 19:47:28 CDT