Re: WILL YOU GIVE PROGRAMMERS DBA ACCOUNT IF WE SAID YES?

From: Sophie Schaaf <eschaaf_at_goodegg.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:03:05 -0500

How stupid! It's an embarrassment to developers (myself included) that there are some people out there who do this sort of thing. (My theory is if the database is giving you an error, its giving you an error for a reason!!!)

Do you think it is a lack of knowledge on the developer's part or an 'I don't care' attitude? (Probably both, though.)

What could be done to make / help a developer learn more about reprecussions of actions and how to work WITH a dba, rather than against a dba. It's all so unfortunate because a DBA shouldn't have to worry about what some other database 'professional' is doing.

oh well,
 just a frustrated developer,
Sophie