Re: Removing datafiles

From: Jack van Zanen <nlzanen1_at_ey.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:55:16 +0100

Hi

You can drop the tablespace and than recreate them with the reuse option or remove them manually from the OS

Oracle has no command AFAIK that drops datafiles on OS level

Jack

"Weerd de E.C. Kirsten" <Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl>@fatcity.com on 07/26/2000 10:16:11 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
Subject: Removing datafiles

Hi all,

Yeah yeah, I should know this, but I'm just out of a two weeks 'Forget it all'-vacation, and I simply can't remember and don't have the necessary docs to find it.

There are several tablespaces that I want to export, drop everything and recreate with an import.

Dropping everything is very easy using : Drop User ... cascade ; When the datafiles are empty, I want to remove them so that I can replace and resize them more appropriately.

Is it as simple is I think it is : Alter Tablespace ... Remove datafile '...' ;

Thanx for your attention!

Greets,

Kirsten

Author: Weerd de E.C. Kirsten
  INET: Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl

De informatie verzonden met dit E-mail bericht is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden is niet toegestaan. Ernst & Young staat niet in voor de juiste en volledige overbrenging van de inhoud van een verzonden E-mail, noch voor tijdige ontvangst daarvan.
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Ernst & Young is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.