OEM and Intelligent Agents

From: Kristen Cameron <cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:00:17 -0400

I've just completed the installation of OEM 2.1 on an NT client, to manage = our 7.3.4 databases on Solaris. It appears that I do not have the = Intelligent Agent installed on my Unix boxes. Is it worth doing? It = would be nice to be able to monitor the listeners, since they cause = problems for us after power failures. (Don't even ask me why our Unix = boxes aren't on UPSs!!!!!)

Is there any other advantage to installing the Intelligent Agents? Any = problems I should be aware of when installing them? I have already = manually configured my databases.

OEM 2.1 looks pretty cool, but I haven't got too far into it yet.