RE: ora 4031

From: Hutchins, Robert <Robert.Hutchins_at_Staples.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:08:47 -0400

Cause: More shared memory is needed than was allocated in the shared pool.

Action: If the shared pool is out of memory, either use the DBMS_SHARED_POOL package to pin large packages, reduce your use of shared memory, or increase the amount of available shared memory by increasing the value of the initialization parameters SHARED_POOL_RESERVED_SIZE and SHARED_POOL_SIZE. If the large pool is out of memory, increase the initialization parameter LARGE_POOL_SIZE. -----Original Message-----
From: babu.nagarajan_at_mail.iflexsolutions.com [mailto:babu.nagarajan_at_mail.iflexsolutions.com] Sent: July 25, 2000 10:59 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: ora 4031

Hi

I have suddenly started experiencing this error on my dev database

ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4096 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","STANDARD","PL/SQL MPCODE",
"BAMIMA: Bam Buffer")

This is 816 on Sun. Is this a case of excessive fragmentation in the shared pool? Or is the shared pool itself too small.

Babu Nagarajan
i-Flex, Bangalore Received on Tue Jul 25 2000 - 16:08:47 CDT