Re: Datawarehouse

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

In a pure star schema case, you put a bitmap index on all foreign keys of the fact table.
I've done a lot of test on 8.0.5 and the optimiser was using star_transformation.
The more dimensions involved in the query the faster it executed.
Sometimes with only 2 dimensions, the optimiser was not using star_transformation.

I had no problem with the bitmap indexes on the foreign keys.

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com
spaquette_at_houra.fr
(33) 01 53 93 06 50

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Mon Jul 24 2000 - 09:03:09 CDT