RE: tablespace resize Q

From: Michael Kline <maklinesr_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:37:29 -0400

I once had a problem when the database was very active. I resize all the time, but try to do it when the database is as inactive as possible. I have also done it on the fly with and without problems.

When I did have a problem, it appeared the database had not finished mapping the new area when it was used, or attempted to be used, and it crashed. When I brought the database up, it was fine... I had probably resized that database 5-10 times since, but in the evening when it's a bit calmer, and never had a problem since.

Michael Kline
ThinkSpark
Richmond, VA
804-744-1545