Deploying applications on Win2K Terminal Server

From: Gary Norwell <gnorwell_at_hybridturkeys.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:23:57 -0400

Does anyone on the list have any experience with the use of Terminal Server (on a Windows 2000 server) to deploy in-house applications?

We have decided to evaluate the deployment of several applications using MS Terminal Server and would like to plan on including some internal applications (built with Developer) rather than dealing with the problems of client/server deployment. These are internal applications (not everything gets deployed on the Web Mr. Ellison and Co.!) and we do not want to set up/maintain a separate Oracle Applications Server.

If anyone on the list has experience with this form of deployment, I would greatly appreciate any comments regarding problems, tweaks, and "gotchas" encountered during the process.

Gary Norwell, Database Developer
Hybrid Turkeys a Division of Nutreco Canada 650 Riverbend Drive, Suite "C"
Kitchener Ontario Canada N2K 3S2
(519) 578-2740 Fax (519) 578-1870