Handling tables with very frequent inserts ....

From: <Kamesh.J.Mantri_at_citicorp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:23:35 +0530

Hi Gurus,

   I have a table(audit log)which gets atleast 3inserts/sec with immediate (Transaction Based)commits thru out the year 24/7. The vsize of each record is around 8000 bytes.

One morething is that I need to purge rows every EOD which are older than 3 days from the current date & time with a procedure.

Now my questions :

  1. How many rollback segments do I need to have and what is the size of each approx ?
  2. What type of mechanism I should use to purge the rows in the procedure ? My present solution for deleteing the rows is to delete the rows is to split the whole set of rows in sets of 5 min in loop and then delete them with immediate commits to avoid rollback contention. Will this work ?

It would be great if anyone could give me suggestions in this regard.

Regards, Received on Sun Jul 23 2000 - 23:53:35 CDT