Re: URGENT on Sunday !!! Database startup failed !!!

From: Gregory Conron <gconron_at_hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:02:28 -0300

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> I don't understand what does it mean "move the machine" - moved database to
> another machine, or physically omve the machine ?
>
> In first case, is unix id for the oracle user (you can connect internal only
> when logged in on unix as the user who is the owner of the database)

Not entirely true - anyone in the dba group can also connect internal on unix (assuming the dba group was the group of the database owner). But you are correct, if the gid of the dba group or the uid of the oracle unix user has changed, this would throw a wrench into authentication as the uid/gid is used, rather than the associated name (oracle/dba).

Cheers,
GC

--
I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou.