RE: Oracle and SqlNet behind a firewall

From: Tom Tyson <tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:17:54 -0700 (PDT)

I had another type of problem with firewalls and MTS connections, but that wouldn't apply to a dedicated connection. The problem I had was with MTS was that the dispatchers were randomly assigning port numbers and I couldn't control through the firewall what to keep open. I finally found that you can add to the init.ora file an entry in the mts_dispatchers what port to assign to the dispatchers.

mts_dispatchers =
"(address=(partial=true)(protocol=tcp)(host=db.gotdata.net)(port=1104))(dispatchers=1)(SESSIONS=20)(CONNECTIONS=10)(mul=OFF)(pool=OFF)"

In that example I made one dispatcher use port 1104, I just added multiple lines with each dispatcher to permanently assign them to a port, and opened those ports for incomming connections on the firewall.

Tom Tyson

Do You Yahoo!? Received on Sat Jul 22 2000 - 11:17:54 CDT