Backup

From: Slamet Fusianto <yangken_at_cbn.net.id>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:15:20 +0700

Thank you (Peter and Eric) who answered my question.

I know that price of tapeback is inexpensive compared to losing data. So, as you suggested it is better to predict the growth of data for one year (perhaps more and less I think) ?
However, as I looked into backup example in metalink, I found out that each time we do backup (either it is cold or hot backup), the datafile is copied to backup directory. I am just wandering if that is the case, the server should have storage at least same as all datafiles. For example if I have datafiles for tablespace user which is 500 MB, it means that the server which will be 'backup destination' should have free space at least 500 MB. When the tablespace can contains about 20 GB (for example), how is the copy process ? I am sorry if the question is so basic, it is because I have not faced database so huge.

Thank you.

Regards, Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 01:15:20 CDT