Intermittent ORA-12500 errors

From: <Chaim.Katz_at_Completions.Bombardier.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:08:07 -0400

Intermittent ORA-12500 errors - Oracle 7.3.4.5 on NT. According to Oracle support (and metalink) we are either running out of memory on the server or the Oracle process's memory requirement is exceeding 2gb.

I don't see either of these symptoms. When I look at task manager on the server - under the performance tab - the available memory is a few hundred mb. Under the process tab - oracle73.exe's Memory usage is about 1.4Gb. (The init.ora processes is set to 1000, but I don't think we are able to get more than about 670 processes before getting this error) Advice? (Spelling mistakes?) Thanks Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 11:08:07 CDT