RE: Oracle and SqlNet behind a firewall

From: Nikolay Kumanov <nkumanov_at_zgb.bg>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:38:45 +0300

If the firewall is of a proxy type, it should have a proxy for Oracle. If it is a packet filtering one, have a look at Connection manager (MPI in former releases). I personally have never done that, only read about it.

HTH, Dr. Nikolay Kumanov

MIS Manager, Zeitungsgruppe Bulgarien GmbH 47, Tsarigradsko chaussee, Sofia 1504, Bulgaria phone: +(359-2)4339-643, fax: +(359-2)946-1286 mailto:nkumanov_at_zgb.bg

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock." - Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune"