Replication

From: David Turner <turner_at_tellme.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:42:20 -0700

If anyone can recommend books on replication I would really appreciate it. I have bought Charles Dye's book and read it and started the Oracle Replication manual. However, in talks with various people I have been told about other ways of replicating. Being an Oracle Bigot, pig fundament, I would really like to use multi master replication but if there are better ways of doing it I'd like to hear them.

Does anyone have any hands on experience with replicating across the country or world very dynamic information such as user login information, etc. I have heard about tricks such as caching user information in the browser so replication doesn't need to be done as fast but I am really curious to hear how other people are handling the problems.

In fact some people have said Oracle isn't up to the job of handling really heavy loads from the web. I would imagine this is more of a DBA issue. The same people suggested in memory databases for handling really heavy loads from the web.

Any help would really be appreciated, and if you can direct me to information or another forum, other than the replication sig I would be very greatful. I am sure some people really have a solid understanding of the issues and if you have time I would really like to talk with you.

                                        Thanks, Dave Turner Received on Fri Jul 21 2000 - 19:42:20 CDT