neighbor table overflow(on linux)

From: Ravi Babu <lravibabu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:15:32 PDT

Hi Friends,
I created a database 8i ver 8.1.5 database on Red Hat linux 6.1. And also wrote shell script to autostart the listner and database. It was working fine for 2 months. Now it is giving 'neighbor table overflow' whenever listener is started. It gives this msg even if give the status command of listener. There may be some change in configuration coz the site was unattended. But client machines are able to access the database when some workaround is done as follows.
login as root
cd /lib/modules/2.2.12-20/net
then issue following commands
#insmod eepro100
#modprobe eepro100
#ifconfig eth0 200.1.1.15

and then login as oracle, start the listener(then also i get the same msg i.e. 'neigbor table overflow')
After all this, connectivity is possible from cleint machines. I issued 'hostname -i' command which gave 127.0.0.1. So i used netconf and changed the ip address after which it gives 200.1.1.15. But still clients are not able to ping and hence no connectivity. How to solve this problem.
Please help
Thanks
Ravi.