RE: Asynchronous vs Synchronous

From: Guidry, Chris <chris.guidry_at_atcoelectric.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:19:36 -0700

> I don't have any specific documents but as Async I/O applies to Oracle:
> WinNT lets a single thread issue multiple outstanding disk requests
> therefore configuring multiple DB writers for example is not required.
> Check through the initialization parameters documentation. It usually
> indicates where parameters are not required due to Async I/O.

Chris, thanks, that is along the lines of what I thought you were getting at.

However, it isn't what the original thread was about, which was client-server architectural weirdnesses in the client side implementation of some 3rd party reporting software. regards, Received on Thu Jul 20 2000 - 18:19:36 CDT