RE: Asynchronous vs Synchronous

From: Guidry, Chris <chris.guidry_at_atcoelectric.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:34:23 -0600

Hi,
I don't have any specific documents but as Async I/O applies to Oracle: WinNT lets a single thread issue multiple outstanding disk requests therefore configuring multiple DB writers for example is not required. Check through the initialization parameters documentation. It usually indicates where parameters are not required due to Async I/O.

-
Chris J. Guidry P.Eng.
ATCO Electric, Metering Services
Phone: (780) 420-4142