RE: Extent size of locally managed tablespaces

From: Nandeeswaran, Jothilingam <Jothilingam.Nandeeswaran_at_compaq.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:30:30 -0500

help

-----Original Message-----

From: Thomas Jeff [mailto:ThomasJe_at_tce.com] Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2000 4:36 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Extent size of locally managed tablespaces

Bitmaps require 64K. Create the datafiles as a multiple of the uniform extent size
then add 64K for the bitmap. I've found the same behavior that you've just encountered,
i.e., if you don't have that 64K allocated, it will grab one extent for the bitmap.

Jeff T.
thomasje_at_tce.com <mailto:thomasje_at_tce.com>

Author: Thomas Jeff
  INET: ThomasJe_at_tce.com