RE: complicated

From: Sandeep Kurliye <Sandeep.Kurliye_at_almarai.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:21:42 +0300

Hi Ivan,

In fact, it is very easy to replicate the database.

Well...here it goes....

  1. Shutdown the database, and copy all files viz. Control file, Database file, Redo log file, Initialization File, Password file from the production server.
  2. Make the same directory structure on development server.
  3. Copy the respective files on development server
  4. Start the server, and it is ready for you.

This is the procedure if you had cold backup.

You can do it this still if you have hot backup. Just a matter of copy archived log files and recovering the database on development server.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Bye,

Regards,

Sandeep.