RE: select for update

From: <ronald.hijdra_at_dutchtone.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:54:03 +0200

Hi G.

We had a similar problem with an application that didn't support the update command using load balancing. Commit command came back on a different channel than update was sent: Table was locked forever... (but it is solved now).

I don't know if 8.1.6. has a feature to do this but as a temporary solution we created a procedure run as a DBMS job to automatically kill jobs that were blocking for a specific time. You can specify you own selection criteria for which session to kill. You will need to use some dynamic SQL for this solution.

If you're interested in this solution I can sent you the package code.

Regards,

Ronald Hijdra
Oracle DBA DutchTone N.V.
P.O. Box 95 313 - 2509 CH Den Haag - The Netherlands phone: +31 70 889 9886
mobile +31628024211
Fax: +31 70 889 9955