Re:HP-UX 11.0 64-bit?

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:43:10 -0400

Chris,

    Welcome to the club!!! We moved up to HP 11 64 bit almost three months ago.  By all means, go with the 64 bit version. We did some bench marks on a
"proprietary" program of ours that makes use of Oracle. The performance
degradation was almost 55% with a 32 bit DB. Also, running Import on the database showed similar performance. The export file was 300mb in size (about 200 tables each with a primary key & most with foreign keys, some procedures & triggers too). On the 32 bit db it took almost hour to complete while on the 64 bit db it ran in just over 30 minutes. You almost need the log file to see what happen.

Our box is an HP9000 L2000 2way with 32GB (I think) of memory connected to an EMC disk array. Also, stuff 8.1.5, too buggy, go for 8.1.6.

Dick Goulet

Subject: HP-UX 11.0 64-bit?
Author: "Grabowy; Chris" <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com> Date: 7/18/00 5:55 AM

Is anyone currently running on HP-UX 11.0 64-bit?

We have this new box and were trying to figure whether to install Oracle 8.1.5 32-bit or 64-bit. Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences from running either version of Oracle on the 64-bit platform???

TIA!!! Chris Grabowy

"May Oracle be with you...always"

Author: Grabowy, Chris
  INET: cgrabowy_at_fcg.com