Re: listener.ora params required ?

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:05:41 -0700 (PDT)

Vivek,

I currently don't have the time to give all the details but here are some things that I would look out for tuning the listener and the networked environment. Please check out the documentation for configuration details.

  1. Configure the listener with prespawned processes to minimize the connect time for incoming connections. Also, increase the size of the listener queue.
  2. Consider the use of the multi-threaded server if the connections do "sporadic work" and are NOT "power users". This facilitates multi-threading on the Oracle Server side.
  3. Consider using the Connection Manager functionality to while using Oracle's MTS configuration. This facilitates multi-threading network connections of Oracle sessions. Connection Pooling/Multi-plexing etc. is not applicable for dedicated server connections.
  4. Consider setting the TCP.NODELAY option. Check your platform specific documentation for configuration details.
  5. Set the SDU buffersize for more optimal network transmission.

Best Regards,

Gaja.

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
Director, I-O Management Products
Quest Software Inc.
(972)-304-1170
gajav_at_yahoo.com

"Opinions and views expressed are my own and not of Quest"

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Tue Jul 18 2000 - 14:05:41 CDT