RE: HP-UX 11.0 64-bit?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:30:43 -0500

        SGA Maximums

	Oracle7 (32bit)	2.25GB
	Oracle8 (32bit)	2.5GB
	Oracle8 (64bit)	Upper limit greater than possible physical memory

So, yes, you would need the 64bit version for very large SGAs. I'm not sure how they got those numbers, though, as 2^32 is 4GB or for a signed integer, 2^31, would be 2GB.

My guess is that the 64bit version would support SGA sizes of a little over 9 Exabytes
(9EB or 2^63 or 9*10^18). Imagine the memory check on boot for that box! ;)

Rich Jesse                          System/Database Administrator
Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com             QTI -- Sussex, WI USA