Re: Anyone with Sybase and Oracle knowledge on this list?

From: Tina Ridgley <tlridgley_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:52:04 -0700 (PDT)

As a former Sybase DBA, my first major assignment with Oracle was to assist in migrating a Sybase 10 database to Oracle 7.3.4 on an AIX RS600 platform. I spent about 6 years working with Sybase but it has been a few years since I last worked with it. I am familiar with the commands and tools, however, so feel free to ask me questions, if you think I can be of help to you.

Tina
--- rsands_at_lendleaserei.com wrote:

> Listers,
>
> A client is having to migrate from Oracle to Sybase
> in order to upgrade their application (Intershop4).
> provided them with scripts to produce transfer files
> to load data to their primary inventory/ordering
> system
> and am now attempting to get that process
> functioning
> in the Sybase test environment. I need help
> figuring
> out how to replace some of the commands I used,
> primarily to get the output formatted correctly.
>
> Anyone out there willing to answer some of the
> questions
> that pop as I work through this? I've picked up a
> couple of books, but Oracle to Sybase translation
> guides
> seem to be in short supply :-)
>
> TIA ... Robyn

> INET: rsands_at_lendleaserei.com
>
> Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
> (858) 538-5051
> San Diego, California -- Public Internet

> E-Mail message
> to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of
> 'ListGuru') and in
> ORACLE-L
> from). You may
> (like subscribing).

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 10:52:04 CDT