Re: db_file_multiblock_read_count parameter

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:12:50 -0700

I submitted an iTAR to ask how to determine the current value of SSTIOMAX and how to change it. Below is the response from Oracle. FWIW - I run only on Solaris so I'm not sure if the answer would change on other OS's.

HTH & YMMV!

Regarding your questions on SSTIOMAX, here's the information I have for you.

The values for SSTIOMAX are as follows for various Oracle releases:

7.3.x --> SSTIOMAX = 128K
8.0.x --> SSTIOMAX = 512K
8.0.4 and higher --> SSTIOMAX = 1M

Changing this value is not supported. It is internally coded.