RE: Online redolog corrupt

From: Gokul Prasad <Gokul.Prasad_at_almarai.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:36:00 +0300

Hi

If u enable redo_block_checksum, oracle computes a checksum for each log block written to the current log & it is written in the header of the block. Checksum is used to detect the corruption in the redo block. It verifies the log block when it writes to the archive & when the block is read from an archived log during recovery.

If oracle found any corruption in a log block while archiving, it will use the other member of the group. If the entire group is corrupted, then the archiving will be stopped & the system will halt.

Gokul Prasad