Applying Application Patches - Help needed

From: John Dailey <John.Dailey_at_concept-solutions.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:53:14 -0400

Hi all, I have searched Metalink for about an hour now and have been unsuccessful in finding any instructions on applying application patches. I have not done this before, but am anxious to learn. The DBA job here kind of got dumped in my lap; most of my experience comes on DB2. Could anybody point me to a good step-by-step or other how-to on applying application patches? I'm trying to apply Patch Set G for Oracle Fixed Assets 10.7. We are on 7.3.4.2 / HP-UX 11.

Thanks to any and all for your help. The tips I have picked up here have saved me more than once. Also, please don't hold my M$ certification against me; I'm really not that bad of a guy! =) (The devil made me take the tests)

Thanks again for any help.

John Dailey, MCSE/MCP+I
Consultant
Concept Solutions, LLC