RE: Upgrade from 8051 to 816

From: ARUN K C <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:45:57 PDT

db_Sequential reads waits will not increase when compared to 8.0.6 since you are not using veritas system,it has a bug and it takes a lock in recursive mode and this effects concurrency.
If you pin you system objects then library cache will not get much into contention.
The version count will be almost equal to 8.0.6 since your not using proc otherwise it would run 3 to 4 times slower than 8.0.6 .
if you have a dblink from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6 better check the performance. take look at the cache buffer chain latches investigate the use of init parameter fast_start_io_target this directly affects checkpoint queue latch
keep an eye on redo latches since it is obsolete. the DEFNITION OF LOG CHECKPOINT INTERVAL HAS BE CHANGED IF YOU UNDERSTAND PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU CAN GET THIS FROM THE METALINK THE SQLNET BYTES FROM CLIENT TO CLIENT HAS INCREASED THE DBA_WAITERS AND DBA_BLOCKERS HANGS IF YOU ARE DOING A MIGRATION FROM 7.3.4 TO 8.1.6.
CONTACT ORACLE SUPPORT ON THIS they are saying uptil now for us they will take look into it
This is just the tip of an ICEBURG