Re: Applying Application Patches - Help needed

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:58:28 -0400

>>> "Danut Bancea" <danut_at_telepages.ca> 7/17/00 3:05:17 PM >>>
Hi,

I didn't work on Oracle Apps from 1 year. But I remember next step:

  1. Read very careful the readme which is coming the patch. Some you will find that before to apply the you need to apply other patches.
  2. To apply any patch for Oracle Apps there is a utilities called adpatch.

3)To monitor the status of the workers (processes which are running the script in the background)
there is other tools (I don't remember the name) **** ADCTRL ****

4) If you applied a patch and the process failed you need this tool to change the status of the workers and after that you can start again to = apply

the patch. Adpatch can restart the work from the error or restart from the
beginning. For some patches is not a good idea to start the work from the
beginning.

5) After the patch was applied check the log file for some errors.

6) About this utility you can find more information in the manual (Oracle Application System Administrator)

I hope that this information can help you. It's not so much, but is more than nothing. If you need more information I can try to review the documentation.

Danut,

Danut Bancea
Senior Oracle DBA

Tele-Pages Inc.
Phone : (416) 296-9011 Ext. 2271
Fax : (905) 477-7062
E-mail : danut_at_telepages.ca=20

> Hi all, I have searched Metalink for about an hour now and have been
> unsuccessful in finding any instructions on applying application =
patches.
> have not done this before, but am anxious to learn. The DBA job here =
kind
> of got dumped in my lap; most of my experience comes on DB2. Could
anybody
> point me to a good step-by-step or other how-to on applying application
> patches? I'm trying to apply Patch Set G for Oracle Fixed Assets 10.7.
We
> are on 7.3.4.2 / HP-UX 11.
>
> Thanks to any and all for your help. The tips I have picked up here =
have
> saved me more than once. Also, please don't hold my M$ certification
> against me; I'm really not that bad of a guy! =3D) (The devil made =
me
take
> the tests)
>
> Thanks again for any help.
>
> John Dailey, MCSE/MCP+I
> Consultant
> Concept Solutions, LLC
> Phone: 703-975-7039
>
> Concept Solutions, LLC
> *Your Business Intelligence Partner*
> www.concept-solutions.com=20
>
> --
> Author: John Dailey
> INET: John.Dailey_at_concept-solutions.com=20

--=20
Author: Danut Bancea
  INET: danut_at_telepages.ca=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 13:58:28 CDT