RE: Database role BECOME USER

From: Gait, Christopher <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:12:26 -0400

The BECOME_USER privilege is used for importing from a full export, so it's not what you are looking for.

You should look into using DBMS_JOB.iSubmit vs. DBMS_JOB.submit. I read somewhere that it is possible to use iSubmit to control other peoples' jobs by number which is not permitted by the Submit function. I can't lay my hands on the document right now (Gait's paper axiom: All documentation is guaranteed to be located at the farthest point from you at [a) home] | [b) work] when needed.), but a more thorough search of the Internet than I just did might turn it up for you.

Christopher Gait
Oracle DBA

(Semi)permanent address: cjgait_at_yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/athens/3623

"Death is nature's way of saying: NEXT!"