extent management LOCAL size uniform 1M takes 1M space NOT 64K

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:02:46 +0700

List, a while ago there was a thread regarding locally manage tablespaces and in the end we agreed that it takes 64K space for the bitmap in the locally managed tablespace...
i just created my first locally managed tbs of 500M and i got only 499 MB !!

create tablespace DATA_UNI_1M
datafile '/hd1/oradata/SASS/DataUni1M/datauni1m01.dbf' size 500m extent management local uniform size 1M;

select BYTES from dba_free_space where TABLESPACE_NAME ='DATA_UNI_1M';

    BYTES

523239424

499 MB !!

TIA Received on Mon Jul 17 2000 - 06:02:46 CDT