RE: Reverse engineer passwords

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_obg.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:47:28 -0400

The passwords are encrypted with a non reversible algorithm. The way you = check a password, is to encrypt the entered password and compare it = against the stored encrypted password.

>>> Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_pets.com> 07/14/00 01:16PM >>> Hi Vincent,=20
=20

I have the encrypted password, and I want to reverse engineer it to the Ebcdic. Do you have the math or routine?
=20

Thanks,=20
=20

Linda=20

Van: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]Namens Siva_Chintalapati Verzonden: vrijdag 14 juli 2000 14:09
Aan: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Onderwerp: RE: Reverse engineer passwords

Where does this passwords store.What is that file.Will it be in encrypted form??=20
Siva=20

	----------=20
Author: Eric Lansu=20
  INET: eric.lansu_at_quicknet.nl=20

        Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) = 538-5051=20
San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message=20 to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in=20 the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L=20 (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may=20 also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).=20

--=20
Author: Linda Hagedorn
  INET: Linda_at_pets.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 13:47:28 CDT