Senior DBA Job Opening in Vancouver, BC, Canada

From: Michael Johnson <mjohnson138_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

I hope a job posting is not inappropriate for this mailing list. If so, please accept my apologies.

If you're interested kindly respond. Thanks.

MJ

Globalmedia.com
Senior Database Administrator – Product Development and Support Group

Managing a team of 2 database administrators, you will:

Help plan the capacity and evolve the design of our Player applications, network, and back-end services Consult with the applications developers and operations engineers to help scale our existing systems
Be responsible for the evolution and implementation and design of all GlobalMedia.com production environments
Develop and ensure proper database back-up, monitoring, performance tuning, 24X7 database coverage, along with assisting the database development team
Report to the Manager, Product Development and Support

Our ideal candidate will:

Minimum of three years experience designing and developing Oracle 7/8/8i
Be proficient in C, Cold Fusion, Java and CGI Knowledge of Mysql, MS SQL server, Unix, TCP/IP networking, physical and logical database scheme design, and file and memory-based data structures is essential
Have experience in tuning client/server applications To entice you, we offer:

Competitive salaries
Generous stock option packages
Extensive health benefits

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 18:52:14 CDT