RE: Re[2]: db_file_multiblock_read_count parameter

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:53:12 +1000

Hi Dick,

What makes you think that HP-UX has a limit of 32K per read? On buffered file systems all reads match the file system buffer size (normally 8K), but on raw or direct I/O you can go all the way up to MAXPHYS which has long been 256K and is now 1M.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/
http://www.christianity.net.au/

Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date:       7/12/00 3:36 PM

Prasada,

It is a dynamic parameter that can be modified using an "alter system" or an "alter session" as the case may be.

Cheers,

Gaja.

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
Director, I-O Management Products
Quest Software Inc.
(972)-304-1170
gajav_at_yahoo.com

"Opinions and views expressed are my own and not of Quest"

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
  INET: gajav_at_yahoo.com