Re: db_file_multiblock_read_count parameter

From: Prasada R Gunda <Prasada.Gunda1_at_hartfordlife.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:50:58 -0400

Hi All,

Thanks for all your responses.
I do know that we can use 'alter system' or 'alter session' to change db_file_multiblock_read_count parameter. As I mentioned in my original email, I can not use any DDL type statements in ETL tool.

I am looking for a technique or undocumented hint (if any) that we can use in SQL statement to increase the value of db_file_multiblock_read_count.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.

Regards,
Prasad

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com> on 07/12/2000 07:36:18 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

 To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
          <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

 cc:      (bcc: Prasada R Gunda/HLIFE)

 Subject: Re: db_file_multiblock_read_count parameter

Prasada,

It is a dynamic parameter that can be modified using an "alter system" or an "alter session" as the case may be.

Cheers,

Gaja.

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
Director, I-O Management Products
Quest Software Inc.
(972)-304-1170
gajav_at_yahoo.com

"Opinions and views expressed are my own and not of Quest"

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail ? Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
  INET: gajav_at_yahoo.com