Re: exp - imp problem

From: Suhen Pather <pathers5_at_telkom.co.za>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:05:06 +0200

Hi

You can also use show=3Dy or indexfile option with the import utility to = generate the ddl.
The indexfile option works really well and you can use the output to grant = your roles, create users, tables, indexes, all object creations

Regards
$uhen
Oracle DBA
Telkom SA

>>> lvordos_at_uswest.com 07/13/00 11:23AM >>>

That should work, or for fun, you could examine what the export file has. If your platform is Unix, use strings/grep to search the export file. Here is an example where I searched for user PCAT:

$ strings expfile.dmp | grep GRANT | grep PCAT GRANT "CONNECT" TO "PCAT"
GRANT "RESOURCE" TO "PCAT" Then you'll know for certain!
Suzy

> Uma Sankara_Sivadanam wrote:

>=20

> Hi all,
> I am having a full export of an database and now i need to import only
> a perticular user's schema from that dump.I droped the user before
> import with out looking at the roles that are granted to that user.Now
> after recreatng that user i am clueless that what kind of roles that
> user got.
>=20

> Will my import fail if i just give connect and resource to that new
> user and perform import?
>=20

> Thanks,
> Uma Shankar

--=20
Author: Suzy Vordos
  INET: lvordos_at_uswest.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 05:05:06 CDT