8.1.6 install on AIX

From: Martin, Alan <Alan.Martin_at_GMACInsurance.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:31:57 -0400

I currently have many instances running under 8.0.5.1. Some will remain under this ORACLE_HOME, some will migrate to 8.1.6.

After reading the 8.1.6 - R2 Installation Guide, I have the following questions:

Must I run rootpre.sh again?

LINK_CNTRL must now remain unset. Does this mean I only set it to L_PTHREAD_D7 when I need to relink something in the 8.0.5.1 ORACLE_HOME?

Thanks,
Alan Martin
Database Administrator
GMAC Insurance Personal Lines

Phone -	(336) 770-3957
Fax -	 	(336) 770-2548
e-mail -  	Alan.Martin_at_GMACInsurance.com

 From: "Gait, Christopher" <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>  Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:18:26 -0400
 Subject: RE: White papers

There are no doubt copyright issues, and while I agree that whitepapers should be distributed freely, I can definitely see why Oracle would want to retain control of all documents, since they want to be able to withdraw and revise papers when things are confirmed to be incomplete, wrong, etc. If the papers are on a site not controlled by Oracle they can't be kept up to date. Now to what degree Oracle is able to keep the enormous pile of documentation Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 12:31:57 CDT