rman problem revisted

From: ramon de los reyes <amity308_at_bcd.weblinq.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:42:24 +0800

What I have is one box with 2 database running . I have rman user in database test1 and another rman user in database test2. I have run both catrman.sql in test1 and in test2.

My purpose is that database test1 one will store the recovery catalog of test2 and vice versa.

what I have tried is :

  1. Connect rman locally:

    export ORACLE_SID=test2

    rman rcvcat rman/<password>@test1

2. Connect rman remotely:

    rman target rman/<password>@test2 rcvcat rman/<password>@test1

The result is the same .... segment fault (core dump).

The core dump has a size of 12MB....

But when I run rman with nocatalog it runs.... I really don't have an idea why...
We always shutdown the database and today it gives me the same error.

finally, how do i check the hard/soft cpu and process parameters for my oracle users???

Clarification : Could I just create another separate database and store the recovery catalog of both database i.e. test1 and test2????

Again thank you all Received on Thu Jul 13 2000 - 03:42:24 CDT