Re: SQLLOADER Q?

From: Gregory Conron <gconron_at_hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:20:37 -0300

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Jack van Zanen wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> went through the doc's but no answer yet (looks like not posible)
>
> I want to load a file that has "null" values. During the load I want to
> substitute all null values with the number "0" (=zero)
> Anybody tried this before?

in the control file, have

field_name position(1:10) "nvl ( rtrim (:field_name) 0 )" ,

wherever the null fields are in the table description Be aware this only works for conventional-path loads. You cannot have sql strings in the control file for direct-path loads (nor are column defaults enforced on the table during direct path).

Cheers
GC

--
I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou.