Relation job_queue_processes btw. and Intermedia indexes

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 06:30:13 +0200

I tried to rebuild an Intermedia index from scratch with a "parallel 4" clause. I got an error ORA-10509 (no context servers running). I thought that I don't need a context server for rebuilding Intermedia indexes. After increasing job_queues_processes in init.ora from 0 to 4 it was possible to rebuild the index. However the init.ora comments that this parameter is used for advanced replication. So what are the exact relationship between index rebuilding and replication ?!

Andreas Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 23:30:13 CDT