Re: Non-performant queries

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 02:21:56 -0700 (PDT)

Most performance problems I have seen were caused by inefficient sql.

I recommand High Performance Tuning by Guy Harrison for sql tuning and an explication of tkprof, autotrace and access plans.

Then you have to tune a lot of sql to become good at it. Some sql are pretty easy to tune and others are really difficult.

The other thing is that you do not have to wait on weekend to have a beer !!!

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com
spaquette_at_houra.fr
(33) 01 53 93 06 50

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 04:21:56 CDT