Re: rman problem

From: Deborah Lorraine <dlorraine_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:29:39 -0700

It looks like your recovery catalog is in a database called test2, and you want to back up test1. You don't need an RMAN user in your target (test1) database--you should be connecting to a sys account in the database you want to back up.

One thing I'd do is create a separate RMAN user in your recovery catalog for each database to be backed up, for example, the rman user for the test2 database could be called rman_test2.