Non-performant queries

From: Lee Robertson <Lee.Robertson_at_qspgms.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:07:56 +0100

All,

A lot has been discussed on this list recently on the subject of tuning. Out of this discussion it would appear that the majority of people would turn to inefficient SQL as a main problem area and attempt to solve it from that angle.

My question is, does anyone have any white papers or documents on a beginners guide to solving problematic SQL. SQL Trace, tkprof, explain plans etc. I have attempted to look at this sort of thing from text books etc but either I am missing something or are just a bit simple but I just don't get it.

Any help from the more experienced and enlightened of you would be much appreciated

Regards

Lee (in need of a beer or two and its only Wednesday) Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 03:07:56 CDT