Tell me about the confused OCP.

From: Xiaoliang Chen <ochen_at_netrue.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:05:19 -0700

hi, all,

I decide to pass my OCP DBA in two months. But I do not if I directly choose Oracle8i test package or choose Oracle8 test package and then have a Oracle8i new features test.

One of my friend said this to me:
Let me tell you why it is not good to do oracle 8i at the moment. 1. It will cost you a lot since no one has the stuff for oracle 8i and is selling it on the net.
2. the market will not revert to oracle 8i before a couple of years, because mosst companies recently migrated from oracle 7.3 to oracle 8 3. if you do oracle 8 and give the upgrade exam you will have two certification. oracle 8 dba and 8i dba.

I am afraid I could hardly get Exam crams about Oracle8i at this time. Maybe I should first pass the Oracle8 and then pass the upgrate test. But someone tell me one must pass the upgrate test in 6 months from the day the new version was coming up. Which mean if Oracle8i was coming up on 01/01/00, I have to pass the upgrate test from Oracle8 to Oracle8i before 07/01/00. That mean I could not the upgrate test.....I am so confused....help me!
What is your all 's suggestion? Please give me a reply. Your reply will be fully appreciated.

Best wishes!
Yours sincerely, Xiaoliang Chen

SUN certified Solaris7 System Administrator Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 12:05:19 CDT